Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fashion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25289
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Fashion   Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Boys so I've been wondering about coloured pants or shorts: red, purple, green.

Now I own a pair of green pants but they are very conservative. Dark green, only really goes with a black shirt.

Is there any good combinations that go well with the following colours? I have tanned skin so I feel like I look kind of stupid in green. But I am a big fan of white pants. A black polo and white pants look sharp.

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:46 am

wear all-black. cant go wrong with black.
Back to top Go down
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2333
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:05 am

HAHAHAHA Gravy it looks like your picture is a direct reaction to this thread

I can't be of use here, I have maybe 3 pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans. Everything else is work uniforms because, well, you know the story - the great unwashed

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 am

A black shirt with black pants and a yellow tie can be striking.

I've also found lately that checkered shirts go really well with a suit. Really small checkers. Adds a lot of spunk so that you don't even need a tie.

fazango
Enigma

Number of posts : 37
Hedonistic Glory : 1607
Joined In : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 am

I have red slim fitting pants and they go with anything blue or black, and some green stuff. Most of my dress shirts are blue really, so that works out fine, and a lot of my t-shirts are black so yeah. I end up wearing them really often. I have red shorts too but I prefer wearing pants or jeans to shorts 99% of the time (but I do live in Florida so it's hot 99% of the time too...bad combination).

hmm but I don't think I would buy purple pants, as I don't see the use for me. I mean I have some purple shirts but I think that's trying to hard to make a fashion statement lol...

yeah get red pants and red shorts if you're into shorts.

oh and when I say red I mean like the ones I'm wearing here: http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/34/56/87/img_1110.jpg like pastel red not dark blood red lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:23 am

fazango wrote:
I have red slim fitting pants and they go with anything blue or black, and some green stuff. Most of my dress shirts are blue really, so that works out fine, and a lot of my t-shirts are black so yeah. I end up wearing them really often. I have red shorts too but I prefer wearing pants or jeans to shorts 99% of the time (but I do live in Florida so it's hot 99% of the time too...bad combination).

hmm but I don't think I would buy purple pants, as I don't see the use for me. I mean I have some purple shirts but I think that's trying to hard to make a fashion statement lol...

yeah get red pants and red shorts if you're into shorts.

oh and when I say red I mean like the ones I'm wearing here: http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/34/56/87/img_1110.jpg like pastel red not dark blood red lol

I'm right there with you on the shorts thing, although luckily in Indiana our weather is cold/mild quite a bit of the time so it works out.

I think as far as fashion goes, when I dress nicely I prefer to where beige/tan khaki pants and almost any kind of shirt. Khakis go with almost everything, really. For non-occasions, I just stick with jeans and t shirts,

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Salmon colored shorts are the male equivalent of ass hugging miniskirts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:09 pm

I found that when I was in a Calvin Klein outlet in the States I thought I looked kind of funny with red and purple pants/shorts. I feel like you need pale skin to wear a light green. Although I was much closer to liking the red pants. I however love white pants. They look great. A white t-shirt and black pants looks pretty damn casual. But a black polo and white pants look awesome, especially with boating shoes. I might need to give red pants another try. Ive been getting into polos quite a bit right now, and in addition to black and white:
Blue polo and beige or brown shorts
Red polo and black shorts
White polo and checkered shorts
All look awesome.

I do kind of what a tank top shirt for the unbearably hot days when I dont want to wear a shirt at all but I still want to have a shirt on. Maybe Ill just get a black one and call it a day.

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:56 pm

I would wear white pants but I'm too fat for them.

Also, the fuck you live in Canadia, I thought the hottest it got over there was below freezing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeneParmesan
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 42
Hedonistic Glory : 1615
Joined In : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:38 am

For green I think these colours would be nice, though it really depends on what you wear them with. (and never ever ever wear neon, unless you are in Italy; otherwise it is unacceptable). But I suggest warm but muted greens for your skin colour; paired with non-coloured shirts preferably (White/black/grey/maybe brown), anything bright would be gaudy, and dark shoes, brown or black would be best suited. And preferably not tight-ass skinny jeans, they're tacky, straight leg is nice. Green would go nice with your skin though. As would purple and red.

Purple should also stay muted and can also be worn with (Black/white/grey), avoid dark brown as it clashes, unless it is a tweed or such coat; opt for a cream or light brown instead, pastel/muted yellow if you're bold. Avoid neon. (Wear dark shoes)
(Mind you, I'm just showing off the pants colours and saying suggestions. I do not condone the outfits in these pictures.)

Red is probably the most versatile of the three. It goes well with Black/grey/white/denim blue/navy blue/muted brown/muted-green... (Dark shoes again)

Lastly though, I suggest suits. Ladies cannot resist a well fitted suit. It's our version of lingerie. And if you want to dress casual, dress like casual Dexter. When he's not busy being a serial killer, he dresses nice. When wearing colours, take into mind the colour wheel; or, if it hurts your eyes when you look at it, then no. Welp, I've embarrassed myself talking about my opinions of mens fashion and colours. Take what you will from this, if anything. Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 am

I think I'm sold on the red pants. I'm not too huge on them being shorts. I have two nice suits, one is pure black with a very very faint pin stripe, and its thin, not a 1920's gangster. That's my conservative professional look. Then I have a gun metal greyish blue suit that is my more of a statement look.

Then I bought a red blazer for shits and giggles.

I think I like the look of red pants with a light coloured shirt but not for green and light. I think green and dark is the way too go. I feel like especially the grey and green looks like a bit of a mismatch. Black V-neck and green pants would probably be my best combo.

That last guy is a handsome bastard, I'd go for that look but probably take it easier on the hair product

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fashion   

Back to top Go down

Fashion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1