Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Dice is in charge, so im expecting a modernized wargame with a much more fps feel and probably classes. They've released a trailer which teases the idea of a much more visceral, hyper-realistic star wars ... wars. That being said, Im still confident and happy for this game. I hope to god that they make star wars: battlefront and not star wars: battlefied because we dont need another goddamn CoD clone.

Anyway, the features I'd love to see would firstly be an actual reward system. SW: BF2 had some points system and would assign you a rank, but it was confusing and didnt manifest at all (that i know of). Call me crazy, but I think if I consistently slaughter around 70 enemies per battle, that should follow me or manifest somehow. I feel there should be a ranking system which bestows cosmetic rewards for being an unflinching badass or some other kind of asset to your team. Everyone plays differently. There should be different tiers of cosmetic armors for different accomplishments and points you make. For instance, if you cut down enemies by the the scores, you should look like a god on the battlefield. If you're the sneaky bastard that quickly and efficiently steals every command point without having to kill lots of enemies, you should look like a force to be reckoned with too. Same for the sabateur that disables enemy turrets and lays down cover fire. Or the guy that micromanages troop deployment and orders units toward common goals (his cosmetic reward is he should look like a general or a gran moff)

Secondly, I think (at the risk of CoD-ishness) there should be custom classes. Or at the very least choices to be made as far as weapon unlocks as you progress with each class.

Galactic Conquest -

There was one thing that really bogged down my favorite game mode. Space battles. What an utter drag! I dont like using vehices, so I always flew into the enemy hangar and blew the damn thing up from the inside, but it was still a drag. Furthermore, I hated that there was a pretense of strategy, which never truly emmerged. Fleet positioning should matter. With that in mind, heres my idea of everything Galactic Conquest should become.

There should be a certain number of players per fleet and each fleet should elect an admiral/general to command them and make strategic decisions for each battle. Invest this many credits into orbital bombartment and this many for land vehicle upgrades. Its up to them what they invest their winning in (unless his teamates vote to mutiny). You would be able to ambush enemy fleets, bait and outflank them just like in real war. This would give the feeling of actual military command. Which leads me to the next feature I have to ask for.

There should definately be a replacement for space battles. Instead of that shit, we should have special battles of planetary scale, where both fleets are battling in orbit. Meanwhile, there's also a massive invasion going on the planet's surface where one fleet is trying to defend what's his while the other is trying to take it. Could be in a Capital City. Could be in some war-scarred ruins. But here's the kicker. The ammount of reinforcements each fleet can get on the ground would depend on how the orbital fleet is doing. And you know what that means right? Yes. If you want to help invade or defend the planet, you'd have to do a fucking orbital drop! In what universe would that be uncool?

Whatcha think of all this? What are your ideas for the game?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25234
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:05 pm

For it to be more like Battlefront 1

I'm probably in the minority but I thought 2 was so shit. Sure it was more like the movies, but I felt like I was just doing objectives and not even shooting anyone

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:57 am

oh i actually kind of agree. but at the same, if a shooter were to finally make a seamless blend between military strategy and killing the shit out of people, i want it to be star wars. thats what i thought the series was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm

If it was just a Star Wars themed action war game that is more than enough to be fun. You feel the tension that whenever you die your side starts getting pounded.

Also that feeling when you win a battle you were supposed to lose in the movies

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Or when there's no hope at all and everything you do fails but then, "Would you like to play as Darth Maul"?
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4733
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Non repetitive gameplay. I just played BF2 and I got bored after 2 maps because there really isn't much strategy, it's mainly just you fighting solo trying to take down as many enemy cause the AI is terrible. Have different objectives, customizable classes, more races, be able to form and command squadrons, earn applicable rank, make heros less OP/harder to acquire/harder to play,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm

I find the action elements to be way more fun than the gimmicky space battles and Jedi fights that they added to the second one.

I know the first was pretty simple, but that's what made it effective. Everything was repetitive but still it was quite fun fighting all kinds of guys by yourself and being a huge hero

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15937
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 am

I definitely don't want them to change much, but I know they likely will. I definitely want to see online multiplayer, a game like Battlefront is built for that.

I hope they retain co-op, and hopefully couch co-op, because much of the fun I had with the series was with a buddy of mine, playing through Galactic Conquest together

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?   

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see in Battlefront 3?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: