Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Netflix: Orange is the New Black

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Netflix: Orange is the New Black   Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm

This is the 4th series in which I devoured every episode, one after the other. The first three were: Dexter, Breaking Bad (Very Happy) and Game of Thrones. To preface this review, Id like to mention that I absolutely hate the intro music for this series. I think its Regina Spektor or something. Fuckin' hipsters.

The title gives the plot away, really. This netflix original series revolves around Piper (a preppy blonde girl trying to start a soap business with her best friend) who is going to prison for smuggling drug money years ago. She worries and struggles to maintain her relationship with her fiance, Larry (an equally preppy, weak, awkward Jewish boy who surrenders every argument to her). She's constantly confronted by the typical prison movie shit. Mean prison girls, gay sex and corruption out the wazoo.

The magic in this series is the way they pull it off. The characters are so real and because of who they are, Piper is constantly confronted with her own shortcomings. Anyway, I really fell in love with the characters. From the hilariously evil prison guards to the dry-humored junkie lesbians, every character can hold your attention. Except Larry. Regardless of his failure as a character, the last five episodes had my pants glued to the couch.

screenshots

8/10 - Definitely worth watching.

Last edited by Gravy Gulper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25287
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Netflix: Orange is the New Black   Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 pm

You gotta post screenshots man

PostSubject: Re: Netflix: Orange is the New Black   Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Mate I totally saw an advert for this on the tele the other day and was pretty interested in it! so glad you talked about it cause I didnt catch the name of it or anything!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Netflix: Orange is the New Black   Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm

you folks axed fo' screenshots?

I love how the first google image result for "orange is the new black" is a picture of Zimmerman

By the way, Taryn Manning plays a meth-head religeonite lunatic fantastically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix: Orange is the New Black   

Back to top Go down

Netflix: Orange is the New Black
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1