Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Does anyone here not have a smartphone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25347
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:43 am

I've been rocking a contract from like 2003 on my phone called the unbeatable $25. Which is essentially $35 after all taxes. I don't get any features like voicemail (which I really need for work), Caller ID, can't receive pictures, obviously no internet.

So I'm just waiting for Koodoo to have a back to school sale and I'm going to upgrade to a $40 contract and I might as well get something good instead of rocking a garbage phone and getting charged the same from accidental long distance pocket dials. My sister was able to get double data from waiting for a sale so that could be quite worth it

So tell me folks, whats your contract? Regrets?

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2391
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am

78 USD a month to Verizon for pretty decent but not infallible service. 4G is nice, and the Motorola Razr stands the test of time. I'm not a phone jumper as this is my second smartphone with my first being the original Droid. My only regret about cell service? Sucks at work!

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 pm

The phone I'm looking at is the Nexus 4. $150 for the phone and I think it has 4G of memory.
The data is only 200mb for the month. So I'm wishfully hoping that during the school sale it'll double to 400mb like it did for my sister.

Would I go through that data in no time by just updating my apps? I plan on using it just for emails on the go and to waste time looking at pages. I'll avoid Youtube

laydee
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 63
Hedonistic Glory : 1591
Joined In : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm

at this rate you are better off to just wait for Verizon to come to Canada, which it is...I am sure you have heard the annoying adverts on the radio? I will be switching from rogers to it when it comes....my bill was supposed to be $70 a month I pay 90 every month, I always go over my 1G of data so then they up me to the next one for $10 I get charged for receiving long distance calls which you are not supposed to be charges for! you see how I use my phone data, you will go through that really fast. I would either get a plan with unlimited data or 1G or just wait for Verizon cause I know they will have really good plans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

laydee wrote:
at this rate you are better off to just wait for Verizon to come to Canada, which it is...I am sure you have heard the annoying adverts on the radio? I will be switching from rogers to it when it comes....my bill was supposed to be $70 a month I pay 90 every month, I always go over my 1G of data so then they up me to the next one for $10 I get charged for receiving long distance calls which you are not supposed to be charges for! you see how I use my phone data, you will go through that really fast. I would either get a plan with unlimited data or 1G or just wait for Verizon cause I know they will have really good plans.
Oh really eh? I've heard rumblings about Verizon making its way into Canada but didn't think it was going to be so soon. Any idea when? How much better are their plans?

laydee
A Good Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Well I dont actually know when it would be coming to Canada, cause the big three are doing everything they can to stop it lol...because they know they are shit incomparison...

Basically like if you get a $70 plan it has unlimited calling to anywhere in the states, so it will probably unlimited to anywhere in Canada, unlimited texts, and data plus voicemail and stuff my parents have it in the states and its soo good...You dont seem that bothered about getting rid of your shitty little red phone so I would just wait and see...the data you would get from the plan you were talking about would probably last no time at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Little red is a hero. I have dropped it in so many places and he doesn't even get mad.
That being said if a good sale comes on I'll probably jump on it.

I probably won't ever go for such a big plan- I'd prefer to put that money towards a stronger Internet package I think when I finally move out

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2391
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:20 pm

4G LTE is a beautiful thing for the price Verizon names. The only qualm I have with the company is their ridiculously incompetent customer service/sales representatives. I don't need them at all when I enter the store, and that's why Verizon were savvy enough to implement kiosks to do everything from order a new phone at their stores, change your plan, number, et cetera... they're pretty good at a lot of things but hiring the talking heads doesn't seem to be one of them. Shame they've found a machine that does the work of those people, yes?

I have a 2GB data package and we still pay roughly $80 USD a month per device for everything except the phone, which when I was still paying for it as it was integrated into my bill was about $110 per month. My phone's been paid off for a while and I utilize wireless internet pretty regularly at work and home. I think part of the reason why is because I have a shared plan with a new phone, so our data pool between the phones are shared.

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10449
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:44 am

I do, but I need it for work. 110 a month. But unlimited everything, and it's a Galaxy SIII
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I get a lot of annoying phone calls at work from people who found my number and want to meet with me to "help the business". I just tell them to email me a pdf. because I'm not interested. One guy sent me two pdf's and called me twice.

Guy, I don't want you to advertise- thank you

laydee
A Good Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:06 pm

breakyoudown wrote:

I probably won't ever go for such a big plan- I'd prefer to put that money towards a stronger Internet package I think when I finally move out
Milton?....except milton is probably still to far for me Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here not have a smartphone?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here not have a smartphone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: