Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:02 pm

This one will never cease to irk me.

Spend your entire Saturday on Facebook, reddit, Youtube - normal. Probably a pretty hip person just relaxing. Pays their taxes.

Beat a 6 hour game in one week? Loser, no life, loner, anti-social.

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11054
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

that's a good one. i can't think of any right now. haha. im interested in seeing what other people say though

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
avatar

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2276
Reputation : 27
Joined In : 2013-04-26
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:31 pm

People who claim to believe in equality yet work less, get paid the same as their peers and still have the nerve to complain about their station in life.

_________________
Squadala, we're off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10667
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 pm

If a woman has sex with a lot of men she's a slut, but if a man does the same thing he's gay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
avatar

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2276
Reputation : 27
Joined In : 2013-04-26
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm of the conviction that anyone who has a prolific amount of sex is a harlot, regardless of gender.

_________________
Squadala, we're off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11054
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
If a woman has sex with a lot of men she's a slut, but if a man does the same thing he's gay.
cheers win post

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:57 pm

When someone pokes at a sensitive matter that you're going through and they get a laugh from it.

Later try to joke at a serious thing in their life and you have stepped out of line.

The irks

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15935
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:21 pm

When you are at work and people correct their coworkers mistakes in a rude and condescending way only to make mistakes of their own later.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm

men and women are equal - but if youre in a relationship with a woman, you need to pander to all her emotional needs, buy her gifts, pay her plenty of attention without smothering her, take her out in public and listen to her talk about herself for hours. Otherwise, she has a good excuse to fuck all your friends.

But if you want to talk about how you feel (and its not flattery to her), you're a panzy.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Girl goes out with a guy to lunch. They just "prefer" the company of guys to women

Guy goes out to lunch with a girl while in a relationship. Cheating pig, untrustworthy.

And things of this nature

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
avatar

Number of posts : 60
Hedonistic Glory : 1388
Reputation : 2
Joined In : 2013-11-11
Location : Upon the Isle Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 pm

When I have a genuine issue with someone of a particular minority, I'm instantly a sexist/racist etc regardless of the facts... yet when they have a trifling problem with someone of the caucasian majority (in the instance where I live) or different sex, it's a legitimate problem that isn't to be questioned and they are in no way abusing the minority card for preferential treatment. Other variations on this theme.

I understand that there are plenty of discrimination issues in today's society but it pisses me off that some of minority members abuse this to personal gain in-effect doing to us what they are accusing us off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

That our "elders" can challenge and question every word, thought, and belief a younger individual has, but when we question or challenge them, were being disrespectful. If you're old and wrong, you're still wrong.

My dad does this

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11054
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:22 pm

^ i can totally relate to that. that gets really annoying

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Anything that takes one of the parties off an even playing field is automatically not fair and wrong

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10667
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Despotic Reign wrote:
When I have a genuine issue with someone of a particular minority, I'm instantly a sexist/racist etc regardless of the facts... yet when they have a trifling problem with someone of the caucasian majority (in the instance where I live) or different sex, it's a legitimate problem that isn't to be questioned and they are in no way abusing the minority card for preferential treatment. Other variations on this theme.

I understand that there are plenty of discrimination issues in today's society but it pisses me off that some of minority members abuse this to personal gain in-effect doing to us what they are accusing us off.
Sounds like you're just a racist to me.

Whenever there is an issue with racial minorities caused by someone of the majority, it's label as race baiting, but when it's the other way around, it's to be expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
avatar

Number of posts : 60
Hedonistic Glory : 1388
Reputation : 2
Joined In : 2013-11-11
Location : Upon the Isle Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Despotic Reign wrote:
When I have a genuine issue with someone of a particular minority, I'm instantly a sexist/racist etc regardless of the facts... yet when they have a trifling problem with someone of the caucasian majority (in the instance where I live) or different sex, it's a legitimate problem that isn't to be questioned and they are in no way abusing the minority card for preferential treatment. Other variations on this theme.

I understand that there are plenty of discrimination issues in today's society but it pisses me off that some of minority members abuse this to personal gain in-effect doing to us what they are accusing us off.
Sounds like you're just a racist to me.

Whenever there is an issue with racial minorities caused by someone of the majority, it's label as race baiting, but when it's the other way around, it's to be expected.
I am absolutely a racist in the strictist terms of the definition, but that is the product of my governments open door policy to immigration... I have sympathy for the trials and tribulations of those from those outside the EU, but my Tax should benefit those born and raised within my country before anyone else. It doesn't change the fact that racism is a two way street, and those of the minority use race as a weapon to gain the upper hand. This is always a delicate issue, but I refuse to bow down to social nicety when asian ghettos spring up around the corner from where I live and people expect all the benefits my country provides without even speaking the most widespread fucking language in the world. At least make a fucking effort to communicate with us.

The UK government is obsessed with the idea of social intergration, despite the fact that no two societies have ever live in harmony in the history of the world. Idealism is the fucking bane of modern society, mark my words. Enoch Powell was more right than he could ever have known when he declared there would be rivers of blood in the streets.

The world is becoming ever more secular, yet the East is determined to to ostracise itself with outdated notions of religion. The Western world may pray upon this to it's advantage (anyone who thinks the armed forces are in the East for counter terrorism reasons etc are living in a dream world) and America has more to fucking answer to for than anyone else with regards to how royally fucked up the middle east is, but it doesn't excuse a influential political party issuing a death sentence on a man for publishing a fictional piece of work (The Satanic Verses).

Am I a racist? Yes. Does it make me a bad person? No. Just socially aware of what the fuck goes on in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10667
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:44 am

What a racist. Also, it does make you a bad person. Plus the fact that you mentioned race as a double standard then admitted to being a racist pretty much discredits your opinion there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:10 am

Easy guys.

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Despotic Reign
A Good Fellow
avatar

Number of posts : 60
Hedonistic Glory : 1388
Reputation : 2
Joined In : 2013-11-11
Location : Upon the Isle Britannia

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

Taxer666 wrote:
Plus the fact that you mentioned race as a double standard then admitted to being a racist pretty much discredits your opinion there.
Not really, it just means I apply the same standard that is being used to gain advantage by others. And I say I'm racist in the strictist sense, not because I dissaprove or hate anyone of minority: I disagree with the tactics used by a few to get what they want knowing they live in society where no one can speak up against them. You have no idea how much immigration is crippling this country.

I'm a racist because free speech doesn't exist and having a negative opinion of someone from a minority for any reason, valid or no, can't be vocalised. That is neither right nor fair. I'm only a 'racist' because I will vocalise my thoughts, not because I'm actually racist if you catch my drift.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15935
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:59 pm

I pretty much agree with what Dies says. Racism is most certainly a two-way street. I've been at the receiving end of it too many times where people try to put words in my mouth to gain the upper hand in some form or fashion. The absurd thing is that some select groups of people attempt to use the smallest thing to call somebody out for "racism," yet other times against a majority race saying things that are ten times worse is acceptable.

Besides which, every single person on this earth is racist in some form or fashion. People just need to stop being so damn touchy. The other day, a girl in my psychology class was referred to as "that hispanic girl." She made this huge fucking deal about how the guy that said it was racist and we ended up having a huge discussion about why she was offended, etc. If somebody didn't know my name and I was referred to as that "american guy" or "white guy" or "caucasian guy" I wouldn't be offended in the slightest. Even if I was the only white guy there. I wouldn't feel singled out or whatever. They were using a factor that made her unique to the group of people to identify her. It was her heritage. Why be so touchy about that?


_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10667
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Axe wrote:
I pretty much agree with what Dies says. Racism is most certainly a two-way street. I've been at the receiving end of it too many times where people try to put words in my mouth to gain the upper hand in some form or fashion. The absurd thing is that some select groups of people attempt to use the smallest thing to call somebody out for "racism," yet other times against a majority race saying things that are ten times worse is acceptable.

Besides which, every single person on this earth is racist in some form or fashion. People just need to stop being so damn touchy. The other day, a girl in my psychology class was referred to as "that hispanic girl." She made this huge fucking deal about how the guy that said it was racist and we ended up having a huge discussion about why she was offended, etc. If somebody didn't know my name and I was referred to as that "american guy" or "white guy" or "caucasian guy" I wouldn't be offended in the slightest. Even if I was the only white guy there. I wouldn't feel singled out or whatever. They were using a factor that made her unique to the group of people to identify her. It was her heritage. Why be so touchy about that?

Hispanic refers to people from Spain. It's similar to if she were Native American and people would refer to her as the "Indian" girl. Moreover, racism isn't even really about what bigoted things you say. Rather most of it the time it's what attitude someone holds and what he or she perceives as normal. By being identified by her ethnicity, she felt singled out because she was seen as the outsider. Everyone else in that group would probably be identified by some other characteristic while she was probably always identified that way her whole life. A bit of an overreaction, sure, but you have to put yourself in her shoes in order to understand what her thought process was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10667
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Despotic Reign wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Plus the fact that you mentioned race as a double standard then admitted to being a racist pretty much discredits your opinion there.
Not really, it just means I apply the same standard that is being used to gain advantage by others. And I say I'm racist in the strictist sense, not because I dissaprove or hate anyone of minority: I disagree with the tactics used by a few to get what they want knowing they live in society where no one can speak up against them. You have no idea how much immigration is crippling this country.

I'm a racist because free speech doesn't exist and having a negative opinion of someone from a minority for any reason, valid or no, can't be vocalised. That is neither right nor fair. I'm only a 'racist' because I will vocalise my thoughts, not because I'm actually racist if you catch my drift.


You have freedom of speech you dweeb, you just don't have social impunity. You sound like an American Tea Party member: crazy and full of shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm

theres a crazy old man that lives in my town. if you try to say that Elvis is dead, he'll beat the hell outta you with his schitzophrenic fists of homelessness. Age doesnt correspond to wisdom at all.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10667
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm

There's a guy who lives down the street that yells at passing cars all day; he's nuts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:37 pm

There is an Italian guy in my city and everyone knows him. I live in a small city.

He is probably 60 and there is clearly something wrong with him. He spends pretty much everyday riding the bus all over town and getting lost then just calling his brother at the end of the day to bring him home. He has nothing to do at home so he just wanders all day.

Sad really, but I'm sure he's fine with his life

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rumpintime
A Good Fellow
avatar

Number of posts : 42
Hedonistic Glory : 1453
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2013-08-19
Age : 38
Location : Whitey Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Video games like John Madden and it's ilk along with Call of Duty are socially acceptable to play. Play anything else and you're a geek/nerd.

Here's another thing that pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeneParmesan
A Good Fellow
avatar

Number of posts : 42
Hedonistic Glory : 1558
Reputation : 5
Joined In : 2013-05-14
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Women are strong, equal and independent, but never hit them because feminism; hit men whenever you want. If a woman offers to split the bill, she's independent; If a man offers to split the bill he's a cheapskate. If a woman is raped it's the end of the world, if a man is raped he's a pansy. If a woman is a gold digging bitch, she's strong and knows what she wants in life. If you're a women's rights activist you're a strong feminist; if you're a men's rights/equal rights activist you're a misogynist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch
avatar

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2276
Reputation : 27
Joined In : 2013-04-26
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:13 pm

I don't agree with social injustice upon any gender, but I completely agree with that assessment. To annul men on the circumstance of gender alone is about as bad as stigmatizing women for being unable to be anything but the archetype princess in a tower.

It's strange how the balancing act has come apart. Some still cling to that fairy tale. It's tragic.

_________________
Squadala, we're off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?   

Back to top Go down
 
Fellow tippers, what is the worst double standard?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Worst snow to hit Britain in 18 years
» STANDARD AND POORS RATING FOR THE U.S.
» Worst Movie(s) Ever
» Oil prices could double by 2020
» The McCanns double standards

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: