Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25290
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Obviously Guy Incognito wipes the floor with our stories.

Anyways, I feel that I need to better myself in several ways. I need to work harder, I need to have more meaningful fun, I need to be happier, I need to make others happier.

This doesn't happen without making a change. Now I've been lifting more seriously at the gym. Pushing myself a bit harder. Shoulder pressed two dumbbells of 35's (which is a record for me) and did seven chinups as a record as well. In the past I couldn't do one.

I need to make risks. I keep living the same routine and hoping for change to make me happier. I need to work for it. Nothing is going to fall into my lap I am not a rock star. The other day one of my tenant's at a property I manage is the owner of a festival group. He was begging me to be a model for his fashion show. Now I considered doing this to be more proactive in life. But I really do not want to do this. This is not what I meant. I know that no great reward comes without sacrifice, but I don't think I want to do this whatsoever. Plus the guy invited my parents, and I'm pretty sure 90% of the attendants are 50+ so I probably won't make friends. I'll just stand there with a sense of entitlement for being model worthy or something.

Anyways, just like to hear some success stories

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2334
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Risk assessment is a difficult prospect in a world where everything that isn't a contractual agreement serves to destroy any investment you made. Indeed, this is the tale most are used to.

Still, if I didn't shut up and listen to my genius brother about making an economic investment in early 2011 towards a particular commercial enterprise, chances are I wouldn't be living in a house of my own right now. Owning property at 25 still seems unfathomable - imagine how it felt at 23 when it happened. Granted, this risk was at the behest of another person's instigation, but a giant risk nonetheless that, if I married, would have been mutilated.

How fortunate it is to be reluctant.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25290
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm going to be a 50-50 owner of a condominium this coming May. This is a pretty gigantic investment considering I'm not going to live in it for more than 10 years. However, it's located downtown in my growing city so I don't think that will decrease in value.

How did your bro know that company would flourish? Were there signs he recognized?

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2334
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Yeah - he started working for them in 2009 and noticed a sizable asset acquisition that would directly influence share growth. That's sort of frowned upon to do, but I can't bitch about the results...

Pretty impressive with a condominium though, those sell high and do well. I'm sure you know more about the real estate side of things than I'm aware of.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?   

Back to top Go down

When have you been rewarded for a risk you've taken?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1