Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Where do you draw the line?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Where do you draw the line?   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Hello tippers,

For the past few years I have been living by the mindset of "capitalize on every opportunity because you never know if you might be looking back in 10 years wondering what could have been."

A few times I have gone forward with something and it has been freaking awful because I decided that I didn't want to be sorry after. One of these includes a horrible job that I thought was overly complicated.

So I am asking: when you are presented with a situation that could easily go either way, where do you make the decision that you should either back away because it does not suit you, or proceed because it could be beneficial? I want to be more adventurous, I do! But I am also willing to say oh god no to things I am not interested in or if I am feeling cautious

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2394
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Risk assessment seems to be a recurring theme in your reflecting.

Personally, I don't spend time trying to change the world, myself or anything. I can't change anything. Let everything else change around you. It's better that way, and you bear no responsibility for the change. Being reactionary is much better than being an antagonist of change. Of course, restlessness comes; it's a natural part of this process, yet it's better than charging headlong into a decision that could go either way to which you end up in a situation you could have avoided by simply letting it be.

Natural change is good, and instigating change is necessary in drastic situations. No one wants to work in fast food the rest of their lives, so they strive to do something else: perhaps they go to school or find another job. No one wants to live with their parents for the rest of their lives, so they scheme ways to become independent, be it through an education, investment or other forms of self-sufficiency. These paths have one thing in common: intelligent observation of what can be changed.

A lot of the time, change is misrepresented by merely the act of not doing "this" and doing "that" instead. What "that" is becomes "this," and so the cycle repeats. Unless there's a reason to change, don't.

I draw the line at necessity: is change necessary? If not, don't bother it. If so, explore your options and choose wisely. Decisions made today can influence the rest of your life.

LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm pretty straightforward I think. If I don't believe something lines up with my goals, I don't do it. If it does, then I do it, regardless of how fruitful the outcome is. Captalizing on every opportunity isn't always...uh...good. ? Smile If someone offered to make me a bank manager tomorrow, I wouldn't take the job because its not what I want to do. Totally didn't capitalize on the moment right there, but fuck that, I don't want to be a bank manager.

im not very interested in money though so maybe I'm the wrong person for this

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm going to begin to look for a roommate for my condo being built in May.

Most.....All of my friends are pretty much broke, so I think I'm going to have to advertise online to strangers. I wonder what kind of guidelines I should set for myself. I was thinking, I would like the person to email me first if they are interested. If they type the email like a gangster then I don't think I'll reply.

Then if they seem cool I might have them call or text me.

Probably want someone between 20-24.

Any suggestions or cheat codes with how I should proceed and or word my ad?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line?   

Back to top Go down

Where do you draw the line?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1