Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MY METAL RANT !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:32 am

Ok i know that most everyone here likes metallica right ? Well i like the old **** ( before the black lp ) Now here comes metallica pushing DM down my neck .. The lp is a 3.4 out of 10 at best , When all the bands that made me a metal head make better lp's or just give up why does metallica take a **** and call it music ? What has metallica done for us in the last 10 years ?? Kill napster and **** up free music for everyone .. This is my last word on metallica , If they dont start making real metal and get rid of the mouth that is lars im done .It would be a plus if they would get dave back and start writing some music thats worth a damn . BTW metallica dont look behind you anymore all the bands that were there ....HAVE PASSED YOU UP , JUST LIKE TIME ! :rage:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14868
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 am

well, i agree with most of that.
however i think the main problem is that everyone now thinks that they are metal. true, that their older albums very traditional thrash metal, and DM isnt. I think you along with many other people are upset at the genre classification. If you take DM as just a hard rocking good time, it is at least a 7. when rated as a metallica album, i would say it is a 5 or 6/10. i think that is the main problem

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25287
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:22 am

Yeah lets face it.
Bands twenty years old should just tour
Not try to make an epic in your late thirties early forties comeback
I remember seeing Lars saying downloading music (his music) is awesome in global metal
I'm like

hmmmm

ahahahahahah

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10611
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:34 pm

agreed man.
they got wayy too far on the napster thing...
and they should just tour just like dave said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 3348
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Idk if you've read it before
but you should check out what i wrote on the thread/poll for DM
you're comparing their new albums to albums from when they wrote some of the best metal songs of all time
thats not really fair is it?

Yes I agree about the napster thing and yes lars is a douche
but hes also a good drummer

But lets flip what you said around
what if they never changed? what if they only wrote music like their first couple albums?
never tried to sound different and never acted different?
you might still like the music but there would be just as many people saying they only have one sound
they make music now cause they love to make music

I like old metallica a lot more but i'm not going to trash talk them cause i'm not a huge fan of their new stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:22 am

EJ, words cant describe how amazing that sounded.
i await hates response, this could get even better than it is right now

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 am

Ejaffin13 wrote:
Idk if you've read it before
but you should check out what i wrote on the thread/poll for DM
you're comparing their new albums to albums from when they wrote some of the best metal songs of all time
thats not really fair is it?

Yes I agree about the napster thing and yes lars is a douche
but hes also a good drummer

But lets flip what you said around
what if they never changed? what if they only wrote music like their first couple albums?
never tried to sound different and never acted different?
you might still like the music but there would be just as many people saying they only have one sound
they make music now cause they love to make music

I like old metallica a lot more but i'm not going to trash talk them cause i'm not a huge fan of their new stuff
I hear what your saying but look at bands like slayer , megadeth , iron maiden , and ac/dc .. When you hear one of there songs you know who it is . There stuff is great but they never had to sale there soul for $$$ . Now i know ac/dc has went down hill the last few lp's but there over 60 and with age things change but metallica just went to far . The make a lp and just want us ( fans ) to think its the best **** ever .. The best band to look at is slayer , Yes they have changed with the times but ITS SLAYER ! Bands that have to change like metallica did are in it for just 1 thing $$ .. BTW lars is a sub par drummer at best , I have been playing for over 20 years and he has never did anything that made me ask how he did that ! If metallica would get dave mustaine and replace lars with Paul Bostaph they would be a real metal band again . James has the best metal vox next to ozzy and dave knows how to write the songs that matter And paul he is just a true bad ass on the drums , He could play something thats not ( lars word ) STOCK !
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:29 am

Man if Dave came back, that would be the best twist ever
But Metallica would never take a risk

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:33 am

breakyoudown wrote:
Man if Dave came back, that would be the best twist ever
But Metallica would never take a risk
He did come back ... In a way , Metallica and megadeth wrote 2 songs together dave and dave from megadeth and james and lars from metallica .. Check out " HUNGER " its a bad ass song .. It was done for a soundtrack that never made it out because of lars . I may still have the track and if i can did it up send me your email and i will send it to you k brother ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:34 am

how do you determine if a band has sold out or not? by that logic, slayer has sold out.
i think when you sell ouit, you have a run at some good albums, you put out a crappy one, and then once you put out the second one then you are selling out.
slayer may not have had crappy records, but if metal today is ruled by 18-30 year olds, than the 45-50 year olds of slayer have sold out and are still chasing the dragon. i dont think metallica, slayer, anthrax, iron maiden will EVER put out another awesome album. we have heard their best. they cannot top themselves

IMHO

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:45 am

brutality,thynameismetal wrote:
how do you determine if a band has sold out or not? by that logic, slayer has sold out.
i think when you sell ouit, you have a run at some good albums, you put out a crappy one, and then once you put out the second one then you are selling out.
slayer may not have had crappy records, but if metal today is ruled by 18-30 year olds, than the 45-50 year olds of slayer have sold out and are still chasing the dragon. i dont think metallica, slayer, anthrax, iron maiden will EVER put out another awesome album. we have heard their best. they cannot top themselves

IMHO
The thing about Slayer is they have never put out " THAT " lp , Slayer has alwas stuck to there roots . And when you put slayer and metallica in the same box you have to remember slayer never had air play or videos on mtv . It was all word of mouth with slayer thats why slayer and there fans are so close . Now metallica has tryed everthing to get there name out there . They had about 100 videos and everytime you turned on the radio metallics was playing .. BTW Slayer has never made a dud lp ever lp they have made has been 100% slayer . You know i love you brother right lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 am

Megadeth & Metallica Hunger (unreleased)
Hunger, a hunger in my soul.
I hunger for your word.
I hunger, only you can make me whole.
You satisfy my thirst, I hunger.

I have strayed from your will on this path I've chosen.
I had closed up my heart, but now it's open.

Here, here am I.
Come, come live inside.

I hunger for your word.

Hunger pains in my soul, telling me I'm empty.
Well I can see what I need, Your word can complete me.
Cannot move, cannot think, without You with me.
What I need, You freely give. Renew my thinking.

Here, here am I.
Come, come live inside.

I hunger for your word.

Solo - Dave
Solo - Marty

I hunger for your word.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSEbOROlW0w
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:04 am

im only going to continue to argue because i know you are man enough to handle it.

Weather or no slayer has had a "dud" lp is completely opinionated. by that logic i can say metallica has never had a bad album. although we both know this is a bald-faced lie. (ahem st. anger)

while i understand that we both want to stick up for our favorite bands, i think our hearts are getting in the way. Here is a wild leap, but i think that bands whoa re over 40 have sold out. i know, i know, wild accusation. But there hasnt been a band, outside of the Beatles, that has stayed around for so long and not "sold out"

Longevity in the music buisness is extremely difficult. I am NOT bashing slayer, in fact, im even throwing metallica under the train when i say that both have become too mainstream and both have sold out. while the die-hard fans such as ourseleves may never really want to admit it, we both know that neither band will surpass their "golden years" but yet they still put out an album every 2-3 years to make a little cash and because nobody likes to stop doing what they love.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am

im only going to continue to argue because i know you are man enough to handle it.

Weather or no slayer has had a "dud" lp is completely opinionated. by that logic i can say metallica has never had a bad album. although we both know this is a bald-faced lie. (ahem st. anger)

while i understand that we both want to stick up for our favorite bands, i think our hearts are getting in the way. Here is a wild leap, but i think that bands whoa re over 40 have sold out. i know, i know, wild accusation. But there hasnt been a band, outside of the Beatles, that has stayed around for so long and not "sold out"

Longevity in the music buisness is extremely difficult. I am NOT bashing slayer, in fact, im even throwing metallica under the train when i say that both have become too mainstream and both have sold out. while the die-hard fans such as ourseleves may never really want to admit it, we both know that neither band will surpass their "golden years" but yet they still put out an album every 2-3 years to make a little cash and because nobody likes to stop doing what they love.
Very good grasshopper . It is so true .. Now can metallica say what slayer did this year ?? " this will be slayers last lp "Because no one wants to see a 50 year old man bangin on stage .. And yes if a band makes a million they have sold out . Just how much of there soul they give up is what matters ...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:26 am

i dont want to see any guy Banging on stage lol
you know hat, you is all right. *gives one of byds cookies*

glad we talked like civilized men. and i dont think if they sell a million they have sold out. some bands sell a million records their first album. i cant name any off the top of my head though

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:40 am

Lets just be thankfull there not creed facepalm
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:42 am

and on that note i think we finish

CAN YOU TAAAAKE MEEEE HAAAAGHER!!!!
god aweful

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 am

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open
Now if that don't have gay overtones im a creed fan !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:51 am

Just for you brother
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:51 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 am

I GAVE YOU A BUCK .. NOW DANCE FOR MY BROTHER ***** !!!
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Dance hoe! dance!!!
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 3348
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:53 am

sorry i missed a lot but something for both of you guys (brute and hate)
what are you considering selling out?
what if they really just like making music?
i mean if they really wanted money they would make clones of their other albums right?
or tour their greatest hits?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Ejaffin13 wrote:
sorry i missed a lot but something for both of you guys (brute and hate)
what are you considering selling out?
what if they really just like making music?
i mean if they really wanted money they would make clones of their other albums right?
or tour their greatest hits?
Out of RESPECT to BRUTE i gave up the rant , I will not fight with a brother over bands , But a sell out band is a band that changes what they are to sale lps ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:26 pm

as long as we had valid points and were still conversing like humans there is no need to give up....unless you submit that you lost (ok, that was a low blow)

id be happy ot continue

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 pm

as long as we had valid points and were still conversing like humans there is no need to give up....unless you submit that you lost (ok, that was a low blow)

id be happy ot continue
LOL brother , We ( friends ) can talk about things that are hot topics to each of us but FRIENDS know when pushing your point becomes being a dick .And i would want my friends to stand by me not want to fight over bands that we can do nothing about . Metallica and Slayer both have made kick ass music for years and as fans of the bands we want more .. Now slayer said this was there last lp so i hope its good ..I think Metallica wont give up that easy , They need to prove they still got it to the ones that called them " sell outs " .. You know i love you brut ... :bow:
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary

Number of posts : 1703
Hedonistic Glory : 3313
Joined In : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:21 am

Kind of like Guns N' Roses. Without Slash, they're ****. Listen to the song Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge and compare it to November Rain or Welcome to the Jungle or Sweet Child of Mine. You'll agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/HeaLr505
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:16 am

da G&R wants more money IMHO
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:43 am

thanks hate. i guess on that note i can quit. yayayayay

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:33 am

thanks hate. i guess on that note i can quit. yayayayay
We were told to never give up and never give in , SIMPER FI , DO OR DIE !
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 am

quit what?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:35 am

we had a long discussion on metallica and slayer selling out

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 am

oh well they're awesome and... ya!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 am

well guys i see you 2 did the right thing. just remember take care of your loved ones and don't fight about sellouts - rather discuss how to end the plague known as emo
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 pm

i hate the dirge of emos. ughhhhh

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:09 pm

now that's more like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:59 am

**** emo ! let those pussys get in the pit ! Thats how you STOMP out emo ..
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:43 am

**** EMOS! IF I CALLED THEM RETARDS, THAT'S BE AN INSULT TO MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE. GO DIE IN YOUR HOLE OF WHINING! ...AND GAYNESS O_o
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 pm

damn, im not sticking up for them, but that is HA-RSH

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:22 pm

They'll grow out of it

HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm

damn, im not sticking up for them, but that is HA-RSH
HA - rsh....
xD

yeah uhh... I truely

DON'T GIVE A ****. :rage:
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:16 pm

**** when i see an emo it makes me sick..
it makes me wanna cut his throat with my bare hands pull off the brain and puke on the empty head shell..
Back to top Go down
HeaLr505
Heavy Metal Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 pm

rip off their head; **** down their neck.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:35 pm

i just love it when everybody gets along like this
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:30 pm

kk lets stop b4 the thread gets lock'd

*cough*FUCK EMOS*cough*
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10389
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:35 pm

i agree
black album i literally threw out the window because even though it was before my days i was started out with the older metallica before black album
they tried to go back but i dont think they will ever be the same again
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:55 am

Very true .. Can't go back after black ..................lmfao :afro:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:33 am

the first album i had was the black album. it was the pinnacle of widespread thrash metal. THE PINNACLE!!!!!!! CRUX!!!!! APOGEE!!!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY METAL RANT !   

Back to top Go down

MY METAL RANT !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1